Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What a difference a day makes

I was determined not to have a day today like I did yesterday. I should have mentioned that the girls were being good yesterday, I was just in a funk. I should also mention that I do get time to myself everyday when I work out at the Y. My little pity party was short lived and I did not move away from my family so all is good.
Anywho, today I had a plan. We would stay busy and I would make sure that they would all lay down at the same time for their naps. My plan was flawless. After breakfast we packed up and went to Kroger. I left them in the car while I ran the groceries into the house (don't worry they can survive the heat in the car for like 15 minutes...I kid...I left the air on). I got back in the car and we drove to the Y. I worked out for an hour, we all got back to the car and I went through Mickey D's drive thru. They were stoked. We drove straight to the boat dock (the splash park there is AWESOME!) and ate our lunch on the grass, while I simultaneously applied sunscreen to the litter of children that belong to me. After they ate, they went straight for the water. We spent 45 minutes cooling off and having a good time (NO FIGHTING!). We drove home, took off wet clothes, and laid heads on the beds!!! Everyone is now napping and mommy is feeling much more succesful (today) at this thing called motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment