Wednesday, July 20, 2011

No EMO kindergarteners....



Mini Human #1 will be starting kindergarten in a few weeks. How did the time go by so fast? I just spent about $130 online buying uniforms and a backpack. That is 130 bucks that I don't really have but that I was excited to spend. What really blew my mind is the fact that for her entire life, I have picked every single thing that has been purchased for her to wear (besides gifts). Tonight, I liked the LL Bean with owls on it. She wanted the plain pink. My control freak inside was screaming, "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD GET THE CUTE LITTLE BACK PACK WITH OWLS!!!!" Even though I know what she likes better than she does, I ordered the plain pink pack. She even chose the type of monogramming she will have on the pack. She is now counting down the days until her new back pack arrives in the mail. That's pretty cute.


I have this strong opinion that parents that do not let their kids pick out their own clothes develop "emo" kids (see pic if you don't know what that is). My dad let me wear whatever I wanted to and never said anything about it except, "You should wear more dresses". In turn, I never tried to wear things to "express" myself. I dressed pretty weird compared to the girls that I ran with, but I was never goth or emo. Though, Dad was pretty disgusted when I came home on my 18th birthday with a hole in my nose. He always said that I would "grow out of it". I never did because it isn't something that I did to prove anything. I got it because I liked it and I still do. If I wasn't a 30 something mother/teacher I would wear it everyday. The reason I don't wear it is because there really are 30 somethings that have nose rings that got them to be cool or because they freaked out when they turned 30 and did something trying to keep a grasp on their youth. I got mine when I was young, and it was weird to have a nose ring, I don't want people to think that I am trying to be cool. If you ever see me out on a Friday or Saturday night when I don't have mini humans with me, I will probably be wearing my nose ring. I digress. Let your kids wear what they want (as long as the BBB is covered....that would be boobs, butt, belly) so they don't end up looking like little buddy when they turn 15.


Also, TLB took a picture of me with mh3 and I had bat wing arms in the picture. WTH??? Don't I work out everyday? Why do I have saggy backsides of my arms? I would rather have saddle bags (which I do) because they are so much easier to hide. I just figured it out...Maybe 30 somethings get nose rings to distract people from their aging bat wing arms. I was on to something before I even knew it.

1 comment:

  1. absolutely. hilarious!
    and speaking of bat wings- oh my goodness, i am in a wedding this weekend and am now officially convinced that a 30 year old mother of 2 should NOT be forced to be in a wedding with freshly graduated college girls. yikes. (nate's bro is quite a bit younger so i am surrounded by all these 21 year olds who have evidently had time to work on their tans all summer to prepare for this wedding!) Lord help us.

    ReplyDelete