Friday, July 8, 2011

Chiropractor adventures

I have been having some back pain. I decided I was either going to seek out heavy narcotics or go to the chiropractor. Being that I enjoy my life drug free, I went with the back dude. Plus, my Dad has been seeing a chiropractor for a little while, and if he's doing it, it must be ok...The issue with my dad is that he never mentioned the torture that you must experience. I get there and Dr. Back Fixer asks me some random questions about my pain, then he does the examine. This consists of me standing in front of him and bending over as far as I can (I should mention I am in pain and find this difficult but I also have the flexibility of cinder block so I can't bend very far anyway), me laying face down while he runs his hands up and down my spine, pokes around the problem areas, attempting to lift my leg over my head (see previous comment about pain and flexibility). Did anyone catch that first thing I had to do? Yeah bend over in front of Dr. Back Fixer while he stood right behind me. Weird. Funny thing about me is I don't give a crap. If he could promise that my back would be all better I probably would have done that naked. After I got x-rays, he laid me face down on a table and proceede to press, twist, and stretch me in ways that I did not think were possible. He also said several times in a way that was directed to me but kinda under his breath, "Wow, you're really tight." Again, I could be disturbed by that comment, but I don't give a daggone as long as I'm fixed. Dr. Back Fixer popper my spine at least 20 times. That is weird. By the time I left there I felt worse than when I arrived. I had it in my mind that I would leave there pain free. I left there in enough pain I felt like I was going to vomit. On a funnier note my dad was in the waiting room with all of my kids and my niece waiting for me. He almost had to spank mh2. I find that sad, not because she doesn't need it, but because it would have broken his heart to have spanked her. I don't know why that child pushes the limits soooo stinkin' far. She is probably going to be one of those kids that I have to send to boot camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment