Saturday, July 9, 2011

Chicken Dinner

I found this recipe and made it for dinner last night. It was very good. I made mixed veggies and couscous along with it. The meal cost about $6 and we had plenty of leftovers. No, I did not buy an organic chicken...I paid $4 for a chicken that probably lived in a chicken coup without any light while being pumped with antibiotics and steroids. Yum. And, for your information I did not buy it at Meijers (that is an inside joke for one of my rock star readers).

As far as eating organic goes; yes, I appreciate the idea but I live in the hood and my Kroger's organic section consists of frozen veggie burgers and about a 5 ft. section of produce. And, I don't even think that produce is really organic, I think it's a consipracy just to guilt me into spending more money (like recycling). I also do not have the time nor the patience to drive to Whole Foods every week. Rainbow Blossom is closer but it is very expensive. I will just continue pumping my children full of mass produced produced, milk, eggs, and meat. It's better than McDonalds, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment