Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Who's your daddy?


Picture courtesy of Tim (Jason's best friend)
Remember this post? Well, probably not, because I just reread it, and the writing was as familiar to me as the writing on the daily newspaper. But apparently, this is my blog, so I probably wrote it. Anywho, that post is special because I think it reached the intended audience. Your boy (well actually my boy) was hired as a Firefighter for Lively Shively!!! We are still trying to let it all sink in. The recruit class (Louisville Fire and Shively Fire train together) started on Monday. There was always a glimmer of hope that he would still be hired as long as the class did not start. Sunday evening came and we knew that was the end, but it was a good thing because it gave us a sense of closure. The finality of it allowed us to look toward the next application. On Monday afternoon Jason gets a call from the Fire Chief asking him if he was still interested in being a Fire Fighter (apparently Jason was 3rd in the line for the 2 open positions). One of the two guys that was hired, quit 3 hours into the very first day of New Recruit Class. Jason's #3 position then turned into #1 and hello Shively!!! He is beyond ecstatic and I am full of pride. When he told me I was so happy (happy doesn't really describe it, more like manic as in manic depressive), that I considered going door to door in the neighborhood that I work in and telling them the good news (not about Jesus but about Jason...though I probably really should be doing that, too...anywho).
I like to leave you with funny....When the Chief was telling Jason what to expect in new recruit class, he explained that it was similar to a boot camp in that it is a lot of yelling, and making fun, ect. He said (very seriously), "Now Jason, I know you know martial arts but if they start yelling at you, don't beat them up."
***Also, now that he's a Fire fighter, should I continue to call him The Lawn Boy or should I call him The Fire Fighter? Fire Marshall Bill? The Fighter, The Ex (as in extinguisher) ??? Who cares, he's THE MAN.

1 comment:

  1. That's freaking awesome!!!! So proud and excited for you and the family. LOve you! ~ Tracy ~

    ReplyDelete