Monday, January 9, 2012

This isn't Dr. Suess!!!

I try to read with/to my children as much as possible (not enough). Most of the time I find myself reading a story (with a great amount of exhausting expression) only to realize (several pages in) that no one is paying attention to me. This is frustrating because I am not getting the attention that I need...but also because they are missing an excellent learning opportunity. Though, today's story isn't about missed learning opportunities...it's about a lesson in human anatomy. Enjoy!

TLB is reading with mh3. As they are perusing various pictures of objects like balls, dogs, blocks and airplanes, they come upon a picture of a girl. TLB tests the baby saying things like, "Where's her fingers?" or "Where is her leg?" even as far as "Where's her toes?", this continued on until mh2 (any of you that know her will appreciate this) decided to get in on the action. She too, wanted to help her baby sister learn. As TLB asks the next question, "Where's her belly?", mh3 points accordingly, then mh2 asks the most important question, "Where's her vagina?" Needless to say, the fun quiz ended and TLB closed the book. That is the funniest kids I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment