Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Your girl has a "Strange" last name for a reason


If you know me pretty well, you know that when I get into something, it's not necessarily the kind of things normal people get into. For instance, in 2009 I watched almost every game of the the NCAA Softball Championship. I was rooting for no particular team, but I wanted to watch every game. For a while, I became really interested in Chelsea Handler and read all of her books and watched her show every night, and then I got over her. When I was pregnant with mh3, I decided to have a drug free labor and delivery. All I did was read about, talk about and research natural childbirth for 9 months. When I did Bootcamp in 2010 for four weeks, all I did was think about working out and talk about working out (which I am still into working out it just doesn't invade all of my thoughts...My new fitness interest is Body for Life and I found inspiration for that from this site). For a while I wanted to join a Roller Derby team (I still kind of want to). Recently, I got into rinsing with peroxide (this lasted for about a month). Anywho, the point is, sometimes I find interest in something and I really get into it even when it may be quite odd. If you know me, you will not find it out of character (for me) to found a new interest in...... tea and all things tea (accessories, forums, blogs, etc.). I know that I am an odd person but when I began reading forums dedicated to people who like to talk about tea, I realized I might be just a bit beyond odd. Am I losing it? I'm not sure, but what I do know is that I am on a mission. I am going to find the best tasting loose leaf tea, perfect electric tea kettle, and wonderfully perfect tea infuser. I have even began reading about the double pot method (only us "tea connoisseurs" understand such delicate procedures so I won't bore you simpletons). Enough about the tea (though I am definitely not finished with it, I will move on). What this is really about is the fact that I might be crazy, being crazy leads me to do weird things like fantasize about all things tea. What makes me crazy, you ask? It might be things like the following situation;
mh1: "Mommy, mh2 is brushing mh3's hair with this!" I look up to see her holding my toilet bowl cleaner.
source for picture found here

No comments:

Post a Comment