Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Parental abuse

TLB has been sick. I ran out of work today so that I could pick up the kids. As soon as mh3 saw me, she did what any lovely angel of a child would do when they saw their mother....she asked, "Where's Daddy?" She is so good for a mommy ego boost. We drove to the Y were I proceeded to workout like a banshee so that I could quit suffering from a mother's guilt (feeling guilty about taking them from Daycare to the Y). When I got to the childcare center, mh2 says, "Mommy why are you here already?" Another lovely ego boost. Just wait...it gets better...mh3 sees me and immediately starts crying saying things like, "no go!" and "Daddy!" and "no hat!" and "no coat!" All the while I am sweating like a maniac (remember banshee workout?) and trying to get all of our coats, hats and shoes on. I finally had to start using my mommy voice and telling the baby, "Get your coat on! I don't like for strangers to see me beat my two year old" (I was pretending to act like she was still cute but really I was afraid I was going to have to spank her...Spank her or yell things at her like, "USE COMPLETE SENTENCES A-HOLE!") She continued to cry as I literally had to pull her by the arm toward the exit. As I am pulling her the Y is bustling with all it's new customers (don't forget it's New Years!) and they don't know me so they stare. I get tired of the stares and start saying (over and over again), "Stolen baby!" This made me laugh (on the inside) which made my trip to the car bearable. Whatever it takes to survive....without having to beat.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! I can totally relate! My kids cry to spend the night at the baby sitters when I pick them up. Noah likes uncle John way more than he like me! I guess I am just happy that he loves me when Uncle John isn't around! So...how is that no yelling at the kids going??? I messed that one up on day 1!

    ReplyDelete