Wednesday, January 26, 2011

He works hard for the money


Let me tell you about TLB. He worked about 60 hours last week doing a job that he doesn't really love, just to take of his family. He got up at 5am this morning to clear snow (which he likes) and will go back to the job he doesn't love tomorrow. Now, he is watching cartoons with the mini humans and they adore his attention. He is an excellent father, husband, brother, son, and he is also pretty good at corn hole. This message needs to reach the hiring team of The Louisville Fire Department and/or Shively Fire Department. You guys would be idiots not to hire him.


Speaking of the Shively Fire Dept. I was talking to some girls in my class at UofL (who obviously don't know me well and you will understand why in a sec.) and was telling them that TLB is expecting a letter from Shively indicating if he got the job or not. Girl says (with disgust in her voice), "Why would he want to work there, it's so ghetto." This what I said verbatim (oooh, I love that word), "Watch it Sister, that's where I live." The funny part is that she really didn't get embarassed but she did say, "Well, I'm from Bullit Co. and I'm used to cows and horses." Was that an apology? An insult? I wasn't sure which so I back handed her for safe measure...in my head. Not that this has anything to do with anything but I found out that she is legally blind and received Special Ed services while in school. She then complained about how she never had access to a Visual Impairement Teacher. So, I ask, "Well, were you successful in school?" She replies, "Yes!" Then why in the heck would she complain about not having more services???? This sense of entitlement that so many people have drives me crazy!


Also, a dear friend of mine told me I need to start being more positive. I am going to work on that.


Before I start being more positive, I need to ask a serious request from you...Please never use the word "tater" instead of potato. It makes my skin crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment