Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day

Even on my days off I tend to make a mad dash around the house, when I get up in the morning. On work days I am running around trying to get ready for work, while yelling at the mini humans (not mh3, she's still a little angel, i.e., she can't talk...what does i.e. mean?), on days I am "off", like today, I jump out of bed, run (for real, like run hard and fast) to the coffee maker to suck down a cup o joe. Then, I start a load of laundry, start washing dishes and start cleaning up after the tornado AKA the mini humans. The sad thing about the tornado part is that usually there is "clean up" after a tornado devastates a town, in this household it's like the tornado revisits everyday and the town can't ever recover. Anywho, I was doing my run around the house thing this morning on my "day off" for snow. Most of you know that TLB does snow removal. Before he left to start clearing parking lots he was trying to decide if he should pay someone to help him or just do it himself. I volunteered my services. I thought of this as a way to spend some time with him. Plus, how much worse could clearing snow be than taking care of 2 wild, smart mouth, snot nosed bebe kids, and 1 snot nose angel. I didn't start finding it funny until we were actually in the truck on our way to the first stop. It's funny because I hate anything to do with working outside. You know those days when people are like, "Oh it's so beautiful outside, I must get out there and plant flowers, pull weeds, or whatever it is people do for outside work". I have never understood that. So, our first stop is in the south end and it goes fine. No one looks at me funny and we get it done pretty quickly. Keep in mind I am dressed for the weather in big work boots and all. The next stop we make is in the East end and I can tell the women that are watching me work feel so sorry for me, like, "Oh look at what that poor girl has to do for money." That's funny to me. Also, we cleared in front of the law offices of Kaufman, Stiger, and Hughes. As I was shoveling the snow directly in front of their office, I lost my footing a little and slipped some. I laughed to myself thinking about how ironic it would be to sue the injury lawyers for being injured on their lot. Do you think I could hire them for representation? Notice how I said, "as I was shoveling". That's right, I was shoveling while TLB, in all his manhood, sat in his warm truck and used the plow on his truck to push snow. This is all happening while his delicate flower of a wife sweated her booty off hand shoveling sidewalks and spreading salt. That might have been why those ladies were looking at me with so much pity/annoyance in their eyes.
That being said, I found a new respect today for the work that my man does. He works hard to take care of his family, and I appreciate it greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment