Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Exciting new followers!!!

First off, shout out to Jessica for figuring out how to join AND post comments. Way to go! Can I have a free icee? Also, I think your hilarious and appreciate any comments you or James may leave.

Secondly, shout out to Cathy for following my blog. Cathy is one of my colleagues and a friend. She also teaches 3rd grade and I hear her say funny things to 8-year-olds probably every day. The funniest thing I have ever heard her say was my first year of teaching. I happened to be standing in the hallway during dismissal, when she approaced with her class of 8-year-olds in tow. As she is breezing by she tells then class, "For homework tonight, DO NOT go home and read the chapter in your book that describes the best way to get on my nerves!" Anytime I think about this, I laugh to myself because she was serious. She is funny without trying and I love her for it.

Who was your favorite teacher in school and how did they make that impression on you?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I feel so special that I got a shout out!

    Ok, my favorite teacher in high school was Mr. Kenealy. He was my english teacher in 10th and 12th grade. Hejust had this way of connecting with us so that he was teaching us, but he cared about us as people, but he was our friend too. He knew that we went out side and smoked cigarettes at lunch time and he made an honest effort to get us to stop with out being that scary hateful teacher. He knew we didnt care about reading shakespere so he challenged us to read things that we were interested in. And most of the time we eventually realized that he was right about the books and poems that were the best (as a matter of fact he's one of my facebook friends now and I still ask him for book suggestions). He knew that we were hormonal, crazy teenagers who were having a hard time fitting in and feeling pretty and just dealing with life in general, so he taught us a way to let those feelings out creatively.

    He saved my high school experience. If it wasn't for him, no doubt I would have droppped out. I thank god that I had a teacher like him every day and I pray that Elijah has the good fortune to have a teacher like that in his life too.

    Now that I have high jacked your blog, I will be going to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete