Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day


TLB and I got engaged on good 'ol Valentine's day. You would think this would mean that I would have some romantic relationship with Valentine's day that would include reminiscing about our engagement while smelling a bouquet of flowers and eating a box of chocolates. Not hardly. Yes, I enjoy remembering our engagement (very funny story that would take too long for me to type out), but no, the fact that we got engaged that day has nothing to do with the holiday. Furthermore, I don't really like flowers (they're too much work- watering, throwing them away and all that), plus the whole, "Oh look at me, I got flowers at work, my man really loves me to send me flowers at work, blah, blah, blah" is really pathetic. I know my man loves me, I don't need to rub it in anyone's face. (If you're reading this TLB...don't think for one second I don't like getting suprises! I do, I really do. Suprises make me feel special and thought of). Also, I don't really like chocolate...correction....I LOVE chocolate but I hate that boxed chocolate weird pink and orange middle nastiness. I would be totally straight with a Hershey bar that costs about three quarters of a dollar. But, that is insulting to assume that I should only get chocolate on Valentine's day. I need chocolate like er-re-day.
TLB (AKA The EX, start getting used to it people- he's into his 2nd week of Fire Academy) was telling me that one of his new recruit buddies was asking him what he was getting his wife for V-day, TLB explained that we don't celebrate and the guy said, "I wish my girlfriend was like that." Wow, resentful much? Why would anyone want a gift that is only being given out of obligation?? Ladies, this makes no sense to me. Now, if you enjoy celebrating Valentine's day and so does your Boo, props to you. But, if you are getting crushed feelings cause your digging it and your man isn't, don't get all My-So-Called-Life-dramatic. Just remember why you loved him in the first place- and go on and do that er-re-day.
*****Notice that the picture (source) has nada to do with Valentine's day. Let me explain. I get Fitness on a monthly basis. This is the issue that came in the mail today. I asked mh3 to take it to my room. She looks at it and points to the woman on the cover and says, "Mommy!" I never understood how a mother could have a favorite child...until now.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that the ending of your blog says that because as soon as I opened the attachment to read it, I thought to myself, "That looks like Conni." ~Tracy~

    ReplyDelete