Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hullabawesome


The Lawn Boy and I got a babysitter on Sunday and attended Hullabalou. This was actually a three day festival but it is hard enough to find someone to corral my pack of mini humans for one day, much less for three. So, we choose to go on Sunday (definitely not because Dave Mathews Band was there) because The Black Crowes were playing that day. We arrived at Churchill Downs around 1:00, I cracked my first beer at 2:00 and it was a whole lot of greatness after that. We met up with an old friend, my dad, and my step mom. We rocked out to The Black Crowes for about an hour and 15 min. and then continued to drink and act ridiculous.


Let me explain the beautiful picture above. That is my dad with the sunshine tank top on. Look closely at his shoulder. My step mom and I were able to get "FU" with a sharpie on him before he got mad and took the marker. This is funny because he would never say "FU" much less walk around with it on his back.
There were so many awesome parts to the day it is hard to tell you about each one but the highlights include: 1. Andrea Davidson- I had never heard of her until I saw her perform 2 songs, and she was great. I am trying to find her schedule to watch her again. 2. Sneaking backstage and walking right past The Steve Miller Band 3. Writing "FU" on my dad's back 4. knocking over the recycling bin with my chair in front of the state police while they laughed 5. drinking lots of beer 6. Hearing Loretta Lynn sing "Don't come home from drinking with lovin' on your mind" 7. Hanging out with an old friend 8. Being with The Lawn Boy
Let me further explain #4. For whatever reason there was this HUGE push to recycle at the festival. Anyone that knows me, knows how I feel about recycling. They had trash bins that were divided into 2 separate containers. One side was marked "RECYCLE" and the other was marked "LAND FILL". Really? Do you think you are going to guilt me into recycling? Hecky nah. I had to go ahead and throw my cans in the Land Fill side out of spite. They expect me to pay $75 a ticket to enjoy music with a little side of guilt. F that. So, at the end of the day, I tried to "recycle" my broken camping chair by forcing it in the "RECYCLE" bin. Force or knock it over, however you want to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment