Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Messy house= messy life


I hate crybaby blogs (crybabies in general) but today I need to vent. This is how my week has gone...

1. Lost my keys

2. Lost my phone (I wasn't even drunk)

3. my house is a mess (not like when people say, "Oh my house is a mess" but it's really perfect, like my house is a mess, for real....I got the idea to take the picture while trying to explain what a disaster it is...you get the point. Also my mom showed up unannounced with 2 of her friends while I was trying to make dinner during the girls' naptime, I have serious mommy issues but this is why- I digress. Anyway, the picture is my living room, notice the kids on the couch trying to stay off the floor for fear of being lost in the abyss we call carpet...I should also point out that all those blankets have babies under them. This is how my girls give their babies "naps". Scary because their heads are totally covered and they beat them to death (pat their backs) before they are considered napping.)

4. I worked out for the first time in 9 days (at least I did today)

5. I have probably gained weight because I've eaten like a pig, while I'm trying to lose 10 more lbs.

6. My toddler continues to pee on the floor instead of in the toilet and I don't know how to handle it making me feel inadequate(beat her into submission? yell at her? planned ignoring? all of the above risk embarassment which I am not trying to do but I am also sick of cleaning up urine 3 times a day)

7. some other stuff that I don't even want to talk about


Again- I don't like crybabies so I would like to end on what's been great about this week

1. Really fun day at Holiday World with my big girls, my dad, my stepmom, and Angie

3 comments:

  1. I laughed. Oh yes, I laughed. If I remember correctly, you weren't Susie Homemaker in your room while growing up. I'm sorry, wasn't this supposed to be a humorous post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how I stumbled upon this, but as for the toddler, we only get one pair of panties a day, if she uses hers up, its bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I feel your pain. Actually makes me feel a little better! This is my family room exactly! Dora doll down and all..... seriously, I can see her from here! I think I gave up over the holidays. Thanks for sharing :)
    If you need to feel better, let me know. I will send a picture :)
    Amanda
    Mom of 3 and 6 yo.

    ReplyDelete