Thursday, August 26, 2010

Taking a moment


to remember how blessed I am. I have an awesome job but I have been desensitized to the fact that children with disabilities generally have a more difficult life- I feel like I need to revisit this. I am so used to treating these children like all the other typical children (while making sure others are doing the same), that I forget that they are "different". Some of the things my students need to make it through the school day; helmets, wheelchairs, walkers, special chairs to sit in, special potty chairs for the restroom, someone to unbutton their pants and hold them up to the urinal, help carrying their tray, ventilators, leg braces, and an empathetic group of adults to make sure they are getting the education that they deserve.


Speaking of jobbie jobs, The Lawn Boy is closer to being an employee of Lively Shively. They would be crazy not to hire the "Prince of the South" (I swear that is how he described himself to me when we first met). He is strong, persistent, motivated, dependable, smart, honest, brave, and handsome (isn't that the most important quality in a fire fighter?). Good luck boo. Lively Shively (or any other city for that matter) is better off with someone like you ready to protect it.

2 comments:

  1. I meet with that Fire Chief about every other week. Ill tell them I watched him save three kittens from a tree once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be mistaken, but I saw those three kittens being placed in a tree by some psycho claiming he had to get an action shot for his portfolio.

    ReplyDelete