Thursday, August 5, 2010

On a journey with my BFF

My week has gone much better. I found my keys, ordered an awesome new phone, and put like 2 things in the house away. I went to the gym on Tuesday and Wednesday and I will be going back today. The things I didn't want to talk about are better also. God is good.

Onto more exciting things...
This is my best friend Amber and I in the summer of 2009 (Shout out to Starr, Dawn, Chrissy, Jen, and Kisha also). We decided back in March that we were getting too big for our britches (literally). So, we joined Weight Watchers. I have lost 20 lbs. so far and Amber has lost 17. I feel like the reason I have been so successful is because I have this little chubby buddy to share my journey with. (She really isn't chubby, but she did have some weight that she wanted to lose). I am very proud of her (and me) for not giving up even on the weeks when we have had gains. She is the main reason I have been losing weight (having someone to do this with is great, but having a best friend is better- she demanded at one point that I "STEP AWAY FROM THE PEANUT BUTTER), but here are the other reasons.
1. I work out 5 days a week (most weeks). I have a Heart Rate Monitor and on most sessions I burn at least 500 calories in about an hour.
2. I have tried to minimize processed foods in my family's diet. We are trying to eliminate foods with additives and such though I refuse to go organic and I am having difficulty quitting Diet Coke and the Splenda in my coffee each morning.
3. The Lawn Boy and I joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), giving us plenty of fresh vegetables and some fruit each week.
4. I am breastfeeding and burn an extra 500 calories each day just from that.
5. I am intentionally eating a lot more protein than I used to eat.
6. I eat breakfast everyday (today I had 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese with 1 tblsp. peanut butter, 1/2 cup blue berries= 4 pts)
7. I cook almost every night (tonight we are having chicken, baked potatotes, squash, and green beans)
8. I read a lot of health/fitness blogs like Fitnessista.com (my favorite) and Ms. BitchCakes.

I have about 10 more pounds to go, Amber only has a couple more. We are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment