Tuesday, August 31, 2010

She shoots....she scores!!!

There were a few instances today that I have been encouraged to set goals for myself. First and foremost, at our staff meeting today, it was explained to me that I am to write my IGP (Individual Growth Plan) by next Tuesday. The second time today that I was encouraged to write goals for myself was by a blogger (fitnessista.com).

My work goals are not the kind of goals that I like to write. I don't want to write a goal that I find difficult to attain but I also want to write a goal that will challenge me to be a better teacher. This crap is so ridiculous. Instead of the district really making sure that I am a good teacher, they leave me to write my own goals upon which to be evaluated by. Makes no sense. I say let my principal evaluate me according to the standards that she values. This is another example of how our country becoming soft by way of unions. I am setting my own goals. What sense does that make? I am only accountable to my goals and God forbid I get an "inadequately meeting standards". If that happened, I am sure some union representative will be by my side defending my inadequate performance. This is one of the main reasons I will never be a principal. They are ridiculed for poor test scores but unable to truly set the bar in their own buildings.

Even though I do not like the idea of setting work goals, I do like the idea of setting personal goals. The following is a list of goals that I can think of (in no particular order and including work goals):
-Cleaning my house (at least) 15 minutes a day
-losing 10 more lbs. by Nov. 1
-being more patient with the minihumans
-being more organized
-recycling (SYKE!!)
-reading to the minihumans more
-going to church at least 3 Sundays a month

What are some of your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment