Monday, September 6, 2010

The Adams Family




I was trying to think of a tv family that is most like mine, but I couldn't come up with anything but the Adam's family. They aren't really like mine, so I am going to build a mixture of tv characters that most closely resemble my family members, giving us a mosaic tv family. The following is a list of people who were at my Grandma's for Labor Day dinner.


Me- Claire Danes from My So Called Life, only not so much teen angst...actually we are nothing alike. Really, I just like Jordan Catalano (her love interest) so I am her.


The Lawn Boy- oooh, that is definitely going to have to be David Beckham. Yeah, I know he's not a tv character, but this is my family, so shut it.


mh1- Tinker Bell (who wouldn't want a Fairy for a kid)


mh2- The Tazmanian Devil...enough said


mh3- are there any baby vampires on tv?


My Nana- do you remember the secretary on Splash? (She accidently wore her bra on the outside of her shirt)- My Nana is a mixture of her and Ozzie Ozbourne. The incoherent curse words and ramblings occurs at every dinner. She actually called me "Arty" (that's my Dad) twice today and didn't even realize it. What's weird is that I knew she was talking to me and I had my back turned so it wasn't even like I knew because we made eye contact. I should have a problem with the fact that she is calling me someone that is 20 years older than me, 6 in. taller, 80 lbs. heavier, oh yeah, and male, but I don't cause she's crazy, so I went ahead and answered her.


My Pa- he would have to be one of the guys from King of the Hill. I've never even seen that show but I imagine trucker hats and country accents, then he comes to mind.


My Dad- He would best be fitted by a mix of Dr. Huxtable and The Monk. He is a family man, smart, funny and quirky (borderline Asperger's).


My Aunt- She is a thinner version of Dog the Bounty Hunter's Wife with dark hair.


My Uncle- He could totally fit in at Oz or as one of Brad's Pitt's friends in 12 Monkeys.


My cousin- a mix of any character from Laguna Beach mixed with any of the bratty kids from Super Nanny.


Can you imagine how much fun family dinners are for us?

3 comments:

  1. Now I'm really sad that I missed it! I want to know what character you think I am?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just now saw this and its 7am in the morning! laughing my ass off!

    ReplyDelete