Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Once upon a child in hell

I took a crapload of maternity clothes to Once Upon a Child today. Like 4 HUGE garbage bags full of name brand maternity clothes. It was at the very least $500 worth of clothes. I really could use the extra money so I took the clothes along with some random small human gadgets that we no longer use. After waiting in the smelly and crowded store for a full hour for them to call my number, I got called to the counter. The funniest part about all of this, is that "Tina" emptied all of the clothes onto a counter top and looked a each piece. This took FOREVER!! After going through each bag, piece by piece she only found about one bag total to be "acceptable". I asked her what deemed an item "acceptable" because I am thinking anyone would want to pay consignment shop prices for the clothes that I am selling. I digress...So, she explains to me they only accept denim and khaki (huh...I didn't know pregnant women didn't need dress clothes for work, like $30 dollar satin/nylon skirts from Old Navy) and that she will buy the shirts that "catch her eye" and that are "in style". This is coming from a lady with a perm from '82 along with her "in style" faded Mickey Mouse t-shirt. $500+ in clothes in the real world = $70 and a missing 1.5 hours of my life in consignment hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment