Sunday, July 18, 2010

Working on my fitness


Let me preface this post by explaining that on most blogs that I read, they have a nickname for their boyfriend/husband. Henceforth I will refer to my husband as The Lawnboy.


Anywho, The Lawnboy and I went to the Y together today. We dropped the mini-humans off at the childcare center that they provide (funny how I am so eager to get rid of the mini-humans for an hour that I will leave them in the care of an over-worked, under-paid 16-year-old) and started on our workout expedition. It is always funny to me when I work out with The Lawnboy because he is so fit (see picture) and I am so unfit (not really but I am definitely not as fit as him). I decided today that since he was there I wanted to bench press the most weight I have since high school. I attempted to bench 95lbs. HA!!! I could barely push it up (seriously if he hadn't been there I would still be trapped under the bar) and I expected him to pull it up and just set it back down. Instead he started encouraging me with things like, "Come on, you can do it!" and "You're almost there!" while I was stroking out and my eyeballs are popping out of my head. So I yelled out, "Grab the bar!" What I really wanted to yell was, "WTF?? Are you trying to kill me?" (What if he really was?) He ended up getting mad because I yelled at him and I felt like an idiot because I almost died but we moved on. So then he had me in a hardcore triceps, biceps, and back workout. I enjoy working out with him and I heard that couples that workout together, stay together so I am into it (I guess).


I have had people ask me what I eat during the day...today I had oatmeal for breakfast. I don't cook it, I just add a 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1 tblsp. of nut butter, 1 scoop of protein, a few chocolate chips, raisins, a couple of tblsp. of milk to wet it, and a tblsp. of chia seeds. This all added up to 7.5 points (I'm on Weight Watchers so I add points). I slept in today so I had this for brunch. Then for dinner we had a taco salad (without the shell). It included, ground turkey, fresh corn, and black beans seasoned with taco seasoning, topped with tomato, onion, advocado, and shredded cheese. Instead of the shell we had all of this on a bed of lettuce and baby spinach. I counted this for 11 pts. For a snack I'll have chocolate chips and allmonds (8 pts).

No comments:

Post a Comment