Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Whole...lotta of pretension

Today was my first adventure to Whole Foods. I tried my best to avoid ever going there, but I was forced because of my inadequate attempts to find allmond butter at the local Cane Run Rd. Walmart (can't imagine why it's not there). So upon arrival I have to admit I was impressed by the produce section. I love how some of the produce is labeled with the local farm it recently arrived from. I did pick up some mangos (.99 each!).
So I traveled from aisle to aisle trying to find allmond butter. I found a big machine that said "FRESH ROASTED ALLMOND BUTTER". Do they really expect me to make my own? Do people do that? Plus, it cost like $8 for a little tub. I was going to be pissed off if that is all they offered in terms of allmond butter. Anyway, I finally found the allmond butter that was in a jar (4.99) and was satisfied with that purchase.
There is some weird stuff there. How about bulk flour? Really, you think that you are doing better than I am when I buy flour in a bag at Kroger. How many people are digging in that barrel dropping hairs and boogers in there when they are scooping out their bulk flour??? And if you want to buy water, there is this water thing that you can choose the way it is filtered. Like some of the flavor choices were reverse osmosis...I don't know if forward osmosis was a choice or not. At that point, I felt like I was in over my head.
So, I spent $50 and got 2 mangoes, peanut butter, allmond butter, chia seeds, and frozen cherries. Their sushi selection looked great, but it was $11 for a rainbow roll...a little too pricey for me.
The staff was very nice, the customers were...stinky hippies. Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment