Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The rantings of an angry 4-year-old

For those of you amongst my many followers (all 9 of you), most of you know about the relationship that I have with my eldest (better known as mh1). For those of you that don't, let me attempt to describe it for you. I looked up the word "difficult" on dictionary.com to get some ideas. The synonyms that I was given include; arduous, fussy, uncompromising. The antonyns; easy, simple. The synonyms hit the nail on the proverbial head (I don't even know what that means, but I thought it sounded cool here). I know what you are thinking- "How does a mother allow the relationship between herself and her 4-year-old become difficult?" The answer to that question is...I don't know. All I know is that she says things like, "I don't want to live at your house anymore." (At least I have trained her to realize this is MY house) And I reply (with much maturity), "Yeah, ok...mh1, you didn't even want to stay at your Grandma's house without your little sister on Friday. I doubt you'll move out, but you should definitely explore your options."

No comments:

Post a Comment