Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Just hang with me to the end

I want to talk about some serious stuff at first but I know that I have a massive following that will expect me to say stupid things, so I will by the end. Just stay with me for a minute.

I was watching 16 & Pregnant last night. I have serious issues with that show (like the fact that it glorifies teen pregnancy) and usually don't watch it, but I happened to get sucked in last night. For one thing, my own mother was "16 & Pregnant" with me. So in a weird way I can relate to these young girls. More so, I can relate to their babies. Teenage mothers are ill-equipped to parent babies. At times, even I am ill equipped to parent my babies. So, I feel for these little babies that are being raised by children. The girl that was being showcased last night was battling with the decision to give her baby up for adoption. For the first time ever, I realized how difficult it must be for a woman (or girl) to part with their baby. I have never considered the feelings of the birth mothers when I think about adoption. I am having trouble articulating the thoughts that I am having about this, but I will say that from now on when my heart breaks for orphans it will also be breaking for birth mothers that have given up their baby.

Onto what you really want to read about. How crazy I am. I am crazy because I have crazy relatives, crazy kids, a procrastinating husband, a messy house, a messy car, a messy purse, flat hair, a screwy cable box, toys to put together, Christmas dinners to cook, and errands to run. I am crazy happy because I have: a crazy family that is very good to me, crazy kids that are very good little girls, a husband that loves me very much, a house to live in, a car to drivce, a few bucks in my purse, I can't come up with a positive for flat hair, cable tv and internet, the ability to provide for my children, food to put on the table, (still not happy about the errands). God is good. Kiss your babies, hug your spouse, have your Grandmother tell you a story. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I totally think about birth mothers everyday. In order for me to have the joy of a family someone else has to have the worst pain of their lives. I thought non-stop about what would happen or how it would look in the hospital with our birthmother. I wondered how much joy I should show when she is having her heart broken. It's a strange thing to long/hope/wish/pray for adoption when you know in order for you to have your dream it's from someone elses broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think MTV is getting a little crazy with their show ideas. Have you seen the ads for that show SKINS? It makes me uncomfortable just watching the ads.

    ReplyDelete