Thursday, December 16, 2010

My life is a series of songs...

Pretty much at any given moment something that is happening in the "real world" will trigger me to think of a song that most likely represents that moment. For instance, my friend Cassandra recently got her hair done. I made only the most appropriate comment for the occasion, "You fancy now, you fancy now. Hair done,nails done, everything..." I don't know who sings that but it's a rap song. Why does this happen to me? Does this happen to any of you? This is a list of important people in my life and the songs that represent them (keep in mind that I am telling you what I think of when I think of that person, I have no idea why some songs come to me):

-The Lawn Boy- there are a lot of songs that remind me of him. Our wedding son (Lenny Williams, "I love you"), "I wanna be your man" by Zap & Rogers, and pretty much anything by Al Green, Otis Redding or UGK.
-mh3- Lullaby by Dixie Chicks
-mh2- September by Earth Wind & Fire
-mh1- Ms New Bootie by Bubba Sparxxx (see how weird I am)
-Wild Horses by The Sundays represent all 3 girls. It's a cover originally done by The Rolling Stones, both songs are great. Look it up
-my sister-I can't remember the name of the song but it's by the 504 Boys, something like, "Wobble wobble, shake it shake, drop it drop it, ohhh take it take it) and The Leader of the Pack
-My Dad- Annabelle by Everclear or anything by Lovin' Spoonful (that was the 2nd tape I ever owned and he bought it for me along with the first tape I owned by Jackson 5)
-My step mom- I just think of a blur of Everclear songs
-My Nana- DIVORCE by Tammy Wynette (I have no idea why)
-My Aunt Trish- Diddy by Paperboy (we would drive around in her Chevy Beretta jammin' that song. I looked up to her so much I would wear pink shadow and blue liner to be more like her)
-Mom- nothing comes to me besides Milli Vanilli (isn't that weird?)
-My mother-in-law- It's getting hot in here by Nelly (you should here her doing this on karaoke)
-My best friends- Lean Back by Fat Joe (this reminds me also of my bachelorette party)

What are some songs that make you think of different people in your life?

2 comments:

  1. 4 non blondes - "what's going on" makes me think of you, as a matter of fact that's your ringtone.
    God only knows by the Beach Boys, Songbird by Fleetwood Mac and Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits all make me think of your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much give anyone I meet a song most of the time unintentionally . So its too many to list. I have total recall whenever someone says they like a band or song or says they went to this concert or that. I even remember when people sing a song. I went out on a date with this girl like 15 years ago. I remember nothing about the date except for she liked Fast Car by Tracy Chapman and knew the words to Radioheads High and Dry.

    ReplyDelete