Thursday, June 30, 2011

The perfect vacation

I was doing pilates at the Y yesterday (me and pilates is a whole 'notha post) and the instructor (who is fabulous) was talking about how she is going on vacation next week to Great Wolf Lodge. She was kinda playing down her trip "because it's not Florida or anything". I said, "Well, vacation is not really vacation when you have little kids". I really mean that, but not in a bad way. When I think of vacation, I think of me laying on a beach, drink in hand. I only get up from said location to eat, cool off in the water, or let water. Furthermore, it is only a vacation if the people in close proximity to me do NOT require me to do anything in order to sustain their survivability (this can include TLB). Now that I have defined vacation for you, what we have done in the past is take the kids out of town. They definitely have a good time, but it is an extraordinary amount of slave labor for me. Knowing this, I told my friend that I want to go on the annual week long camping trip with her family next year. Yes, I said WEEK LONG CAMPING. Really? I know I'm crazy, but that might be stupid. Anywho, it sounds like fun enough and mh3 will be over 2 by next summer. I might be able to handle it.

One day, I will convince various family members to take care of the mini humans while I go on a real vacation (I will probably invite TLB). If I fail to find various family members to care for them, I will contact Kentucky Department of Human Services to inquiry on foster care.

More on me & my first experience with pilates at a later date.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment