Thursday, June 23, 2011

In their defense and other random thoughts

























-I make jokes about the mini-humans all of the time, but really they are excellently behaved baby girls. How am I be sitting at my kitchen table, jamming to Lissie, drinking coffee, and writing this blog while they all play together in the other room? Because they are good girls (granted they pull eachother's hair or pinch eachother every other minute, but as long as they aren't bothering me...).

-I finished the last assignment for my summer course last night. Once the grade posts, I will have a Master's Degree in Learning & Behavior Disorders. Once I take the Praxis on July 18, I will be officially certified to teach students with LBD. I feel so relieved to have this degree complete!

-I am thinking of a friend who's husband is having some serious health problems. I am definitely in prayer for her.

-Go to the zoo on an overcast day. For whatever reason it's not as crowded. I don't know if it makes a difference for the animals or not, but yesterday was a good day to be there.

-TLB and I are planning on a canoeing trip with friends on Saturday. Last time we went I almost broke my arm (for real, my arm got pinned in a weird place in the boat when I was trying to kick us off some rocks and TLB had to use those giant biceps of his to lift me out of the canoe), the time before that, our canoe tipped so many times that both sides of my legs were covered (I am not exageratting when I say covered) with bruises. So much so, when we were on vacation a few days later, a lady on the beach stopped me and said, "Honey, you don't have to take that." That's funny. TLB abusing me? The only abuse I endure is when he tries to make the canoe trip "more exciting" and that's when we end up tipping and I get banged up. He promised me this time, he would make more of an effort to prevent me from being injured.

-When I was at the hospital visiting my grandma, we were talking about how my grandma has lived a long life (to 98!) because she lived a healthy life (no drinking or smoking). My cousin and I continued to talk about the strong genes that my family seems to have. I see things in my girls that have been passed on for generations. My cousin responded by saying, "Conni Jo, evil is strong." We are also a funny group of people.

-My Nana doens't speak to her sister. I have no idea why. Their rivalry has been around longer than I have and probably longer than my Dad's been around. I can't imagine not having a relationship with Baby S. She is the only person in the world that can truly relate to my childhood. She knows me. She loves my crazy kids as if they were her own. Plus, she's just plain 'ol good to me. For instance, she has kept the mini-humans everyday this week so that I could go to class. That is 4 kids to take care of when you count my niece (I told you she's the bomb dot com). Not only did she care for my youngins' she mopped my kitchen floor. That's sisterly love.



Keep it poppin' Pimpin'

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Rommie Ro, I will never understand the bitterness between my mom and my Aunt Connie. I used to always think that I had to stand between them to make sure and steer the conversation to a different topic when the tension got thick. I love them both and all I can do is just pray that God will intervene and show them that no matter what the differences are, they are in the end, still sisters.

    ReplyDelete