Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flag Day

This holiday probably means nothing to you, but to me it means a lot. My Dad shares his birthday with Flag Day. This year he turns 51. He was 19 years old when I was born and I wouldn't be who I am, without the guidance that I received from him. My Dad gave me the following things:



  • my ears

  • my height

  • my sense of humor (funny or not, it's from him)

  • my toes

  • my hair

  • my eyes

  • my hands

  • my conservative ideals

  • my understanding that children need rules and regulations to feel safe

  • my confidence

  • the ability to make fun of myself (one of his best nicknames for me is "skinny", anyone that knows me knows that "skinny" is far from what I am)

  • the ability to make fun of myself walks hand in hand with my self confidence

  • the love I have for animals (our dog Pearl Jam was the best he drove to Atlanta to rescue her from some guy that kept her locked in a cage all the time. Also, one time I went on an incognito mission with him to scope out a mistreated dog that he later stole and gave to someone that would take proper care of it)

  • stuff (car, house, ect.)

  • love

Happy Birthday to the best Dad in the world. My Dad can beat up your dad.

1 comment:

  1. Your Dad sounds like a lucky guy to have you as a daughter, skinny.

    ReplyDelete