Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What are you doing with your life?

Better yet, what am I doing with my life? When I get to the end, will I be able to look back on my life and feel satisfied with it? By "it", I mean, will I be proud of the way that I lived my life? I hope so. My great grandmother (if you would like to know a little bit more about how I feel about her read this) is nearing the end. She is old and it is her time. My step mom asked me how I was doing. I really am fine with it. She is 98! She has bad hearing, bad eyesight, difficulty chewing and a mind that has been slipping away from her for quite a while. It is time for her to go Home. It is time for her to go to Him.

I am so lucky to have had 31 years with my great-grandmother. Who knows their great-grandmother as well as I do? Who had the opportunity to be loved by someone as wonderful as she loved me? I am sad for my grandmother and my Dad but I am happy for my great grandma. She has looked forward to this for as long as I can remember. She is the one who I would call and ask her all the questions that I had about The Bible. I remember I heard about how terrible the end of the world would be when it came, and she told me, "Jesus will come like a thief in the night. There is no point in worrying about it." She also explained to me that because I believe that Christ died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead that I have been saved. I believe her.

Kiss the people that you love and tell them you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment