Sunday, December 2, 2012

New adventure

I had a talk with The Ex about how he has a "life" outside of me and the girls.  Let me be clear, I have no problem with his extra-curricular activities (he's into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and he's pretty good at it), but I really need something to do with my time besides going to the YMCA.  I would REALLY love to join a Crossfit Box but there are none in this area of town and they do not provide childcare, so the Y will do, or so we may see.   For now, I decided to try Hot Yoga.  I follow @kylethegirl on twitter and she keeps raving about it, so I'm giving it a shot.

I should tell you I have the flexibility of a cinder block so this should be really funny.  On the studio's website it advising me to not eat for at least 2 hours prior to the class.  This only reinforces my biggest fear.  My fear being that I am going to let a loud stinky FART rip while I'm bent over doing the downward chihuahua.  What if I can't relax because all I keep thinking about are air biscuits?

My Dad thinks that yoga is bad because your not supposed to meditate or something.  He has said something like this to me,  "....area of concern in yoga is the concept of emptying the mind, which is contradictory to what Christianity teaches. As Laurette explained, “We are transformed by the renewing of our minds, not the emptying."

I'll be sure to update you all on how it goes, but for now just remember:  not only will I be worrying about butt wind, but I'll also be worried about burning in hell for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment