Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Blessed

I am still angry about the shootings earlier this week.  I am angry now that people think that more gun laws and more help by the government for the mentally ill will stop things like this from ever happening again.  People, I would bet all the money I have that if the murderer was unable to get his hands on an assault rifle (in a state with very strict gun laws, I should add), that he would have used a bomb or some other means of mass destruction of innocent lives. So, riddle me that

As most of my readers are Americans, I recommend that you read up on your 2nd amendment right.  I have had conversation with two different people this week that thought the same thing about why the 2nd amendment was written.  They were both wrong (and they are both smart people)- this leads me to believe that the general public is either truly uninformed or super naive.

Moving on to happier topics:  Christmas is almost here!  This is going to be the best yet because my miniature humans are old enough to really get into it.  You want to watch a kid go ape sh!t, make a video here and video them while they are watching it.  Mh1 almost had a heart attack watching the video- it actually made me tear up because she was so excited!  I can't wait to see their faces on Christmas morning when Santa has left them all of their goodies.  Also, The Ex climbed on the roof of our house and put lights on all of the edges.  It looks awesome and I have never had Christmas lights on my house (ever in my life) and he made me so happy by doing that for us.  **I have to be totally honest and admit that once when I was like 8, my mom put a string of lights on this little dog wood tree in the front yard, but it looked about like this:

Plus we didn't take the lights down for like 3 years (literally).

Update:  this week I received my first "fix" from stitchfix.com.  You can read how I got started here.  In the box I received right on my front porch, it included a dress, 3 tops and a scarf.  I LOVED the scarf, liked everything else.  One of the tops was too big, and the dress was a little short but other than that, I was really happy with the "fix".  Even though the clothes were slightly out of my price range, it is fun to have someone pick out things for you that you probably wouldn't pick for yourself, that fit well and are very stylish.  The stylist must have paid close attention to the survey I filled out, because they really did send things that were right up my alley.  Check it out.  If you ever decide to sign up, please use this link so that I can get a referral credit.  http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=3035686  

The girls had a holiday performance at school tonight.  Am I a bad parent because I was disappointed that they had to miss a basketball game to sing "Jingle Bells" and "Santa Claus in coming to Town"?  Asking them to put their bball uniforms on is soooo much easier than actually finding tights to go with their Christmas dresses and combing out their hair.   I should also mention that they are the worst 2 players on the team (they have no idea- they are just happy to be playing and that makes me happy).  That being said, the funny part is that every time that they do anything "right" on the court, I feel so stinking proud of the benchwarmers that they are.

Update #2 :  Hot yoga at Yoga on Baxter is not for me.  I am strong enough, but I'm not flexible enough.  I didn't get anywhere near the "workout" or sweat that I was told hot yoga would get me.  I think the room isn't hot enough (they say it's 80 but it feels like 70-75).  I barely broke a sweat and my heart rate hardly went up a couple of time during the 60 minutes.  Plus, they were all like, "Namaste" and I was all like, "Oh shut up, hippies".

No comments:

Post a Comment