Saturday, December 1, 2012

Helicopter parenting

I was reading a post asking what to do with toddlers that cry when you take something away from them.  Since I have dealt with a few toddler in my day (and they are hell on wheels, let me tell you), I think I am more of an expert than Dr. Spock.  What would I do?  Ignore.  It's that easy.  "No, you can't have that" baby- "Waaaaaa, Noooooo, Waaaaaa".  It's really annoying but they get the hint that crying and screaming doesn't work for mommy.  Then after she calms down I get down on one knee, look her in the eye, and tell her that I understand her feelings, she has the right to feel angry, I will always support her....Uh, no I don't,  cause she's two and not all that smart yet.  Hello, lack of language skills=tantrums, duh.  Lack of language skills= mommy is not reasoning with you.

Check out a book now called Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.  My Dad gave it to me and as I was reading the first three pages, I realized, my favorite type of book to read is science fiction.  I never knew that until I started reading this weird book.  I have been a reader for at least 28 years and I never knew I had a favorite genre until yesterday, weird.  

I just signed up at a website called Stitchfix.  Basically, you sign up, fill out a survery, and pay $20 and then a stylist sends you clothes based on your size & style.  You keep what you want and you send back what you don't want.  The $20 is applied to whatever you keep (your card is charged for the difference).  If you don't keep anything, you still pay $20.   If you are interested please use this link, so that I can get a referral credit.  My first shipment is scheduled for 12/18, I'll let you know how it goes.

The spirit of Christmas is beginning to fill our house.  One of my Christmas trees is up, the other is on it's way.  The problem with the 2nd tree is that I got lazy last year and had The Ex carry the tree to the basement without taking any ornaments or the lights off.  It's only 5ft tall, so I thought it wouldn't be a big deal.  Well, we get it back upstairs last night, and half the dag on lights don't work.  This means, I had to take all ornaments, garland, and lights off to try to figure it out.  BLAH!  Going to get new lights today, and will have that tree up by tomorrow.

My Dad and I are taking the girls to see UK vs. UofL women's basketball tomorrow.  The Ex and I took them to a game earlier in the week.  Mh2 was most concerned with determining if the cheerleaders and dance team members had on shoes?  "I don't know baby, I'm here to watch basketball!"  Speaking of basketball, today is their first game.  I can't wait!  They probably will be the least skilled on the team, but it's a start.  Maybe one day, I'll be able to watch one of them play in the UK vs. UofL women's game?

No comments:

Post a Comment