Friday, April 1, 2011

The "fair" comes in August

You are cordially invited..... to join me while I have a pity party. I just found out that my friend from work had a bouncing baby boy. That is so exciting because this is her 4th baby, the first 3 being girls. She did not know what she was having throughout the pregnancy and the anticipation of not knowing was SUPER exciting. Today she delivered a healthy boy, and I am super pumped for her. Now, onto the pity....I want a baby boy. I love my girls and wouldn't trade them in for 10 boys (well, maybe mh1) but I want a son so badly. Why is it that I am so suprised when I find out that people are having boys??? Like, "They had a boy? What a shocker! How could they have a boy if I didn't have a boy?" I mean, isn't there only two possible choices (excluding the possibility of hemaphrodites)? Luckily for TLB, he has already been neutered or I would at this time be begging for another mini human. Being that, we do not have that option, I need to visit other avenues. How about adoption? TLB says we are not having any more children. No fair. Crazy much? That is what I should have titled this post. I know I am crazy, ungrateful (I always get mixed up so x-squeeze me if that should be "ungreatful"), and irrational, but my heart won't let it go. OK, thanks for coming to the party but now I am onto brighter topics....SPRING BREAK!!!! Yeah!! Someone today asked me what I was doing for Spring Break, I explained that I have no plans, but I am looking forward to a particular 6o minutes of the break. That will be when I am laying on a table having all my stressed massaged out by a certified professional at Joseph's Salon & Spa. I am so lucky! I also have some gift cards from my birthday to spend. Spring break is looking pretty awesome so far. You may realize that I have deleted a previous post. It isn't fair to leave that up. What if that person happened to read my blog and it hurt her feelings. Even though she has hurt my feelings for what seems like a lifetime, I would never want to make her feel bad about herself. Also, mh2 told me today that if you run a red light you will be put in time out. I asked her who would put us in time out if we did run a red light and she explained that's what school buses are for. Huh...and all this time I thought those kids were headed to school, who would have thought they were part of a massive traffic control system.

2 comments:

  1. There may be a boy out there for you. Just not yet. Just not now. It may grow in his heart. When he gets there I can help you out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you said you wouldn't trade your girls for a boy, but why don't you look into it. I mean boys are worth more than girls in the long run. Why don't you post a trade on craigslist or something. Ebay comes to mind. I'll bet you you could trade a couple of them off for a boy. What would it hurt? Girls are a bunch of trouble, and always creating problems. You can't believe a word they say, and they are not as smart as boys. I gotta go. Mario Kart just started up. Later.

    ReplyDelete