Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The evolution of fun

Let me take you on a journey of how "fun" has evolved for me over the years.... When I was a toddler, I probably thought it was fun to make messes, eat cookies, and poop in my pants. When I was around 8, fun was riding my bike around the neighborhood (alone- I was a weird little kid), and reading books (again alone). When I was around 13, fun was BOYS. I liked talking to them and about them. When I was 15, fun was playing basketball, playing softball, and BOYS. When I was 18-21 fun was my college dorm room, keg parties, and ridiculous amounts of Segram's 7. When I was 21-25 fun was bar hopping. When I was 25-30 fun was taking care of babies (I'm pushing it with that one). When I was 31, fun is driving to get dinner at the Skyline Chili that is in the parking lot of the mini-humans' pediatrician (that they know very well). As I am pulling in I tell them, "I hate to break it to you, but you have to get shots today". I let them freak out a little bit and then, I pull up to Skyline. That's fun. Suckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment