Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not the usual

****disclaimer: this post has been edited since I published the original


I usually don't do this but I want to vent and what a better way to do it than on here. I feel sad. I don't know why. I kinda know why, but they're not reasons to be sad enough to blog about. First and foremost, I have like a million kids that live in my house and take all my money. Secondly, I have a job that I dearly love and when I run into weird problems there, it sticks with me (like all day and night). I think the "weird" problems are that I really don't like it when people are mad at me. How childish is that? I have no problem with confrontation but once the intial battle has ended I feel defeated and sad thinking that someone is mad at me. Then I'm thinking, should I just be one of those teachers that sits back and doesn't say anything so that no one gets upset? Well, no. I'm not that kind of person. When kids are involved and something is wrong, it's wrong.

Should I not push a kid as hard as I push any other student (academically) because he has already surpassed his predicted life expectancy? I think I should keep it moving in the right direction.

I'll be teaching ESS starting next week. I'll have a small group of 5 kids that I will provide intensive math instruction to after school. I get paid well to do this. Should I not spend hours of the day (outside of work) worrying about what I am going to teach and if it's going to make the difference that I want to see? I worry about it all the time over the last few days. Why? I am confident in what I do. I think my principal is confident in what I do, I at least know that she supports me. If Bossy Britches (I will refer to the pricipal as that from now on) is with me, who can be against me? (I crack myself up) But really, that's really what was up today! One phone call from Bossy Britches herself, and people start finding solutions.

Should I not be ticked off that Justin Beiber is on the cover of Rolling Stones while he's talking about stuff he doesn't even know about. Go back to Canada.

Should I not care if people like me or not?

Should I not be furious that I want to see Lady Gaga in concert but the tickets are $175? I hope she is donating some of those funds to all that AIDS/HIV research she's always talking about.

Should I not want to feel accepted?

Should I not be dissapointed in myself for only going to the gym once this week?

I feel like a ranting 15-year-old who just started their period and has ran out of midol. Thanks for listening. Seacrest out.

1 comment:

  1. The Justin Beiber cover really ruined my day. Im never reading RS again. Seriously they have lost all credibility for me. Really liking your blog. Im about to redo my blog and website and make it into one site thats more photo related so I probably wont be able to rant on it as not to offend potential clients. SO Ill just rant vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete