Saturday, February 12, 2011

7 lbs. (not the movie)

Because I know you all care so much (maybe not so much), I want to let you know that I am on a mission to lose 7 more pounds. "Seven pounds ain't nothing!", you say. Well, for me it is. I like to eat large quantities of food. I do like to eat foods that are good for me, but I LOVE to eat junk that is not good for me. Sugary cereal, cake, cookies, chocolate chips, candy, graham crackers, ect. If I could lay off all those things, I would be at least 20 lbs. lighter within 2 months. That's not going to happen because I lose weight very slowly. I lost 30 lbs. from April 2010 - January 2011 (and actually since March 1, 2010 I have lost 55 pounds), that is approximately 4 lbs. a month. That means I should be down 7lbs. within 2 months. I want to have this off by Derby.

I saw The King's Speech with my Dad and Nana last night. Excellent movie, check it.

Valentine's Day is on Monday. I do not care and never have. Funny thing about that is that TLB and I actually were engaged on V-day (2003). This is not because we celebrate V-day, it is because the ring was on sale.

Though, I could care less about the day, the mini-humans are being programmed by outside sources to get all excited about it. This means, cards for their friends at church and at school. They are also required to bring a bag of candy EACH to school, decorate a box (that prizes will be given for the most creative) to put their cards in, along with a treat for the party. Plus, wear their pajamas to daycare. Let me tell you my problems with these things.
-Cards=no problems because this gives them a chance to practice their handwriting and introduces a different way of communication with their friends
-Bag of candy each...won't one bag for the two of them do? This means that if every kid at "the-place-that-takes-all-my-money"(daycare) brings a bag of candy, each child will bring a bag of candy home. How much candy do these kids need? Plus, did you read the first paragraph?
-Wearing PJs- this would mean I would have to look for matching PJ sets within the place we call home. Have you ever been to my house? The girls always wear clean clothes, but they are REALLY lucky if their clothes match. I have too many kids to be worrying about matching outfits, much less PJs.
-Box to decorate...I have no creative skills and I am also competitive, so she'll have a crappy box because I won't be able to think of anything and the Martha Stewart wanna be of the parents will blow me out of the water. I would say she should just blow me, but my Dad is a reader, so I won't.
-One more thing, they also gave me a list of names of the kids in mh3's classroom. Really? Infants 12 months and younger are exchanging V-day cards? Guess she'll have to feel left out of those festivities.

Parenting is exhausting not because of the children, but because of the struggle to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment