Monday, October 4, 2010

Something that makes me crazy


I went to pick up the mini-humans this afternoon and was totally disgusted by what I saw. First off, I was already disgusted with myself because I was having some serious digestive problems that my boss let me leave early for, but I was even more disgusted when I pulled up to the daycare. Apparently the director of the daycare turned 40 today. I have seen ridiculous "practical jokes" (why is it called practical anyway? what is so practical about a joke? I digress- I love saying that- wait I digressed again) where they put like a million birds in someone's yard and a sign that says, "Dang, SoAndSo is an old crow!", but today was something different. The first thing that I noticed was that there were a bunch of flamigos in the yard. What the crap does turning 40 have to do with flamigos? The second thing that I noticed was a picture of the director on a sign that read, "SoAndSo (do you like how I am protecting her identity) is turning 40!" Another sign read, "SoAndSo turned 40! Her parent aren't that old!" What the fric does that even mean? The sign that really got my goose was "SoAndSo, it's time for your mammogram." That is not funny to me...at all. Actually, I think it is totally disrespectful and insensitive. I have tried to wrap my head around the reason that is upsetted me. It's really not that big of a deal, and it was only a joke. I understand it was meant in good fun, but joking about mammograms isn't funny to me. It reminds me of that cutesie saying, "Save the Tatas!" That really makes me angry, too. Breast cancer awareness is about raising awareness to get more funding to research breast cancer treatment, and to raise awareness for women to take precautionary measures such as; monthly self exams and MAMMOGRAMS. This isn't about saving tits, it's about LIFE. This isn't about making Mammograms one of those things that makes women feel old, it's about prevention and early intervention. Making mammograms into something that conflicts with a woman's vanity is totally unacceptable.
On a lighter note, my favorite song right now is, "Dog Days are Over" by Florence + The Machine. Check it.


1 comment:

  1. Finally, something I am interested in - BOOBS! Thank you connijo.blogspot.com, whoever you are!

    ReplyDelete