Monday, March 25, 2013

Rape Defense

I told y'all before that I look at weird stuff on the internet.  Anyway, I have been practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at Derby City MMA.  I have only been practicing for a few weeks.  It's a very humbling experience.  I always leave bruised up.  See Saturday's bruise:

Besides bruises, today I left with a bleeding nose, and a hurt foot (hurt like I need to limp when I walk- hurt like I ended up going to the ER Sunday night to get an x-ray, not broken).   I started thinking, do I really want to do this?  This crap hurts.  Do I really want to leave feeling like I got my @ss whooped (and that's the real) after I workout.  What's weird is yes, I do.  I feel empowered- like look what happened to me and I'm still alive.  I think about someone that would try to attack me and I think, maybe I could hold a big dude off long enough to get away.  Also, if a female attacked me, I have enough confidence to think I would break her arm or choke her to unconsciousness (as long as she did not have any BJJ experience!). But if I'm keeping it real, I am not to the point in my practice (or anywhere near) that I am breaking arms or cutting off air supply, but it's fun to work on it.

The point of all this, after I left class I started watching videos on Youtube and I came across a video of an interview of a convicted rapist (found here).  At one point he talked about how he would make the women strip down completely naked.  He did this so that they would be less tempted to run away from him (because they didn't have on clothes).  I found this to be so interesting because I don't give a whip how naked I am- if I had a getaway option, your girl would be on Dixie Hwy in her birthday suit if need be.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete