Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 14, 2006

This is the day my eldest daughter was born.  It is so weird how on your child's birthday you can look back on the day they entered the world and remember so much of it when normally I have trouble remembering easy things like my husband's name and such.  Bring a person into the world makes that much of an impact on your life.  There is not another day(s) in your life that you remember so clearly with so many details.  For instance, I remember not feeling well the night before she was born (having no idea she was on her way 3 weeks early), and all that sounded good was a piece of my Nana's chocolate cake.  I remember the pain I was in and how they sent me home from the hospital after my water broke saying I must have thought it happened but it didn't.  How scared I was, how I knew I was in labor but I trusted the "professionals" and stayed home with The Ex panicking about the contractions I thought I was imagining.  (This is part of the reason I decided to go natural with mh3- by the 3rd I knew my body knew what to do without intervention from a hospital).  I remember the first time I saw her face and how when I reached out to grab her away from them they pushed me back on the bed.  I remember hearing her APGAR score being a 9 and asking the Pediatrician the next day why it wasn't a 10 and him being surprised I even remembered hearing that number with everything going on in a delivery room.  After that day...seven years has been a blur.

All I know now is that she is smart, smart mouthed, kind, sensitive, literal, a rule follower, and most of all that girl LOVES her Daddy.

I wanted to start her day off special for her birthday so this morning I got up at 5:30 and went to Kroger (limping my way through the store- I hurt my leg the night before) to buy supplies for a special Cinnamon Roll Cake to eat for breakfast:
Recipe:
Yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup oil
(mix and pour into pan)
1 cup brown sugar
1 tlbsp. cinnamon 
(pour over cake mix and stir in in a little)
bake for 35-40 minutes on 325
add icing
(you can make your own with powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk but I bought a cream cheese icing)

Happy Birthday Miniature Human #1.  You make my life better by just being in it.

To leave you with a funny note, I feel like this is what me, Dawn, Amber, Chrissy, and Kisha look like when our old butts are clubbing it in our 30s (I'm the blonde in the blue shirt)





No comments:

Post a Comment