Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I woke up this morning (hangover free) and looked at all of the pictures from everyone's New Year's Eve partying (which looked like fun).  I also saw a lot of people say things like, "I'm in my PJs and on the couch before midnight, I'm old."  I disagree with the old part.  I was in bed and sleeping before midnight.  It is not because I am old.  I am content and there really wasn't anything better to do.

On New Year's Eve, I laid around most of the day, then at 4pm, The Ex and I took a shower (separately), I put on a little bit of make up and we headed East.  Sadly, there are no restaurants worth eating at in this end of town (especially if you have taken the time to wear makeup).  We took back a jacket I got from Dick's then we went to BJ's.  I had a beer, we ordered appetizers, our main course, and dessert!  (This was special because usually we don't order appetizers AND dessert, it's one or the other)  You have to get their pizookie.  It's worth going there just for that.     Our waiter was a young dude that kept calling me ma'am and Jason sir.  He would say things like, "How was your first and second course" or "Can I entice you with a blah, blah, blah".  I wanted to be like, "Homie, you ain't gotta do all that for us, just bring me the egg rolls."

After that we went to my sister's house and hung out for a little bit with her and her friends (my brother in law  and future sister-in-law was there, too).  They were all going out later but we went home.   We were sleeping before the ball even dropped.  I have no regrets or question wondering if I missed something.  It wasn't all romantic and magical, but it was comfortable and problem free.  The food was good and the company was entertaining enough.

Today, I have some things that I need to return from Christmas.  Before the miniature humans get home from my mom's, I am going to take those things back.  Then, we will go to the gym with the rest of the city of Louisville (get out of my way to those of you that will start your membership today and quit in 5 weeks, to those of you that will stay and would like a workout buddy to show you around, look me up).  After that, my dad has made dinner for us (I'll spend time there yelling at the kids because they act INSANE when we are at my Dad's.  He lets them get away with too  much and they know it).

It's a simple life, but it's a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment