Friday, January 25, 2013

I have nothing to say

I feel like writing so I just will, though it will be a stream of consciousness that you may find boring.

Things I am grateful for:
Automatic coffee makers
Family like my sister, brother in law, and future sister in law that take time out of their Friday nights to watch my girls hoop
I watched the most exciting game of basketball I have ever seen in my life (and if you know me, you know I watch a lot of bball), the game I watched to night was played by 5 & 6 year olds (mh1 scored 4 pts!)
My cousin working at my job now, it's weird how he got put there and I am happy I get to see him each day
The colleagues that I have going through principal certification with me
My phone that has last for over 2 years, even though people make fun of me for using a Blackberry
Hot water that allows for long baths so I can read in the tub each night 

Currently reading:
Alas, Babylon (unbeknownst to me when I started, it is one of my Dad's favorite books).  I am not far in and I love it already

Currently playing in my iPod:
The Black Crowes

Music that I would like to own but have yet to acquire:
The Weeknd

Plans for the weekend:
Watch the girls hoop it up tomorrow
Workout
Watch UofL's women's team hoop it up on Sunday

Things I want:
Still trying to lose that last 10lbs
A gun (possible)
A son (impossible)

If you could change careers what you do?  I would be a singer.  I was singing PYT to the girls the other night and dancing around only like I can.  I asked them if they thought I could be a winner of American Idol.  They said that I could beat Phil Phillips.  What!What!   I take that back, I would probably be a farmer, except I don't want to farm.  I just want to live there and eat all fresh foods grown/raised there.

Places I want to visit:
My friend Ty in Cali (I've only gotten as far west in the USA as 44th street here- just kidding I used to live in Bowling Green, KY but that's as far as I've gone)
My friend Katie in DC (been there once and it was a blast, we were without children then)
My friend Andrew in Taiwan (never been east of Myrtle Beach)

Release by Pearl Jam touches my soul as if I can truly feel a physical response. Speaking of Pearl Jam, when I was in high school I fantasized that when I got old enough I would find Eddie and he would want to marry me.  I even cut out a picture of my face and placed it over his new bride's picture when I found their wedding photo in a magazine.  As an adult I realize how much of weirdo he is but I still think he's wonderful.

The Ex and I saw Gangster Squad.  The Ex didn't like it, he said it was "too predictable".  I thought it was a decent flick, but that was because I think Emma Stone is pretty good and because Ryan Gosling is God's gift and he could perform in a film that just consisted of him walking down a sidewalk over and over and I would still think it was a Golden Globe winner.

I don't think anyone realizes how weird I really am- not even my own parents.  And by "weird"  I don't mean child molester or "I like to eat chalk", I mean things like- I am terribly afraid of tsunamis yet I live no where near the ocean. 

Hilarious website:
www.whitewine.com

Hilarious person to follow on Twitter:
@HelenKeller (I thought she was dead but then I found her on Twitter)

Random thought:
Why do women always compete with one another?  In everything!  Mostly in motherhood, marriage, and how we dress.  It's weird.  I admit to the marriage and dress but I don't compete when it comes to the kids, cause mine are freaking weird and I know it.

I know this wasn't the most interesting post but this does give you a glimpse of what goes through my mind at any given moment- one more thing, you should try kumquats if you ever see them at the grocery. They are so good!  Very sore on first bite but once you chew through the rind (and just pop the whole thing in your mouth), it is very sweet.  (See what I mean, random crap that nobody else thinks of or cares about comes in my head ALL OF THE TIME)
source





No comments:

Post a Comment