Monday, July 30, 2012

I have a confession to make

A friend of mine and I were discussing potty training strategies today (yes people, I talk about poop and pee like it's an olympic event).  Anywho, she asked me what to do about going out to places like Kroger.  Should she still take the kids out in panties and just bring extra clothes and things to "clean up"?  I laughed at this question because it reminded me of an episode that happened while I was Krogering a few weeks ago.  I had all of the mhs with me to pick up some things at the place I call "hell with food".  I accidently ended up walking down the aisle that has all of the beauty products.  I started looking at anti-aging creams (remember my post here about tea?  now I'm obsessed with how to stop my skin from wrinkling- why am I so weird???).  Whenever I am out with the heatherns (I know it's actually spelled heath-e-n-s, but pronouncing it with an extra "r" sound is so much more like my Nana would say it, way cooler) and I need to look at things with complete focus (beauty creams are really intense) I just do this thing to keep me from getting distracted by the kids...it's called ignoring them.  So, I'm all looking at creams and pretending that I am really important and in the far corners of my mind I hear this sound.  As my mind starts to take hold of the gibberish it keeps picking up on, it slowly starts to make sense of it and I realize the gibberish is actually, "Why is the floor all wet?"  I look down and see that mh3 took a p!ss all over the seat of the cart and it dripped into a big puddle on the floor.  I did what any prepared mother/good citizen would do.  I looked around for witnesses and I briskly walked away.  I purchased my groceries (from the UScan- I couldn't risk one of the big mouths questioning me in front of the cashier about our escape from the pee pee aisle), and left the store.  I kow that this blog is really popular (I've got like 30 followers- duh), so the store manager is probably reading this and now I'm busted.  Sorry Mr. Store manager- I'm a loser with 15 little people and all I wanted to do was rub oil of olay on my face.  If it was poop, I promise I would have picked it up (probably).  If you don't have kids, you can't understand why I didn't stop and clean it up- when you have kids, you'll understand that I am not an indecent person, just stressed.

Next topic- I am running in the Rugged Maniac in August.  I don't like to run for any length over like 20 ft.  I force myself to do it, but I hate it.  Training consists of me forcing myself to run for way longer than I enjoy.  I have the endurance physically, but I do not have the mental endurance.  If you ever feel like coming and yelling at someone, I  would like to have someone come and scream at me while I run.  Seriously.  I need someone to be all like, "Keep going or I'm going to hit you!"

I go back to work in 15 days.  At the end of the summer I am usually looking forward to getting back to a normal routine.  This year, I'm not ready to go back.  With The Ex's training and all that, my summer flew by (it sounds so cliche but time really does go by faster as I get older).  I don't really feel like I got a chance to relax and enjoy being off this year.  I miss my work peeps but I am nervous about getting adjusted to The Ex's new schedule while working.  Wish us luck!

I promise I'll get to the body image post soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment