Thursday, July 19, 2012

A new career?

I know a ridiculously talented photographer (michaelsteppphoto.com) who took pictures of me when I was pregnant with mh3 and then again when she was about 5 months old.  He follows this blog and gets on me about having a picture on here.  So, he came up with the "Superwoman" theme to shoot some pics for the blog. 

Here are some of the pictures that Mike took:
(this is my favorite)

(this is my second favorite)

(this is my sister's favorite)

(When my Dad saw this one, I quote, "You look dumb here. Like, "I don't know what 2 plus 2 is?")


Mike and I also talked about this picture (make sure you read the comments on the pic). You all know that I am not the thinnest person there ever was- as a matter of fact my dad's nickname for me is "Skinny"- so I was all over getting some pics taken of me as a "normal" girl. (And, for the record (I'm looking at you sensitive people), my Dad is only kidding and it's because of people like him and my mom that have given me the confidence to be proud of who I am, and of what I look like (mostly)).  So, with that picture in mind, ee also took some pics of me in bra and panties.  I am not quite ready to share those, but maybe one day.  And, they aren't bra and panty sexy, sexy.  We were going for the pinterest girl look.  After looking at them it makes me feel more exposed than I thought I would feel, though his work is awesome, the model is still a little nervous to show you her goodies!  I am going to blog about body image later.

This leads me to my next thought....A lot of times when I am writing this I think, "Nobody wants to read this crap.  Who cares about my random day to day life?"  I feel the same about the pictures.  I feel weird posting even the ones that you see.  I feel weird because I don't want people thinking I'm all like, "LOOK AT ME!  LOOK AT ME!".  But in all honesty, I think these are great pictures.  The reason that they are great, is because I had an awesome photographer.  I called him an artist yesterday and he said he hates when people call it (his work) that.  I don't know what else to call it.  Mama ain't no model- these pics are a result of him choosing pictures from the hundreds that he took and then editing them to down to a final 14, then he works his editing "magic" and this is what you see. 

I wish he could come to my house everyday and edit my real life self.

8 comments:

  1. I read a lot of words, but I didn't see any naked pics? Where they be? You look great Conni Joe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! You are SO beautiful inside and out. My favorite is the same as your favorite.
    I love reading your blog. My only complaint is I wish you would post more! =-) I hope you feel the need to post those other pics. I look forward to reading your post on body image as you know this is a huge issue for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is Amy Gumm, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few if you are interested Kendra, but only for barter...As for Mrs. CJ's pics...shamefilled incestuous thoughts send shockwaves through my dirty mind...will somebody please send over a young buffly firefighter to put out the flames engulfed in my shorts...it would be apreciated

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are hot!! :) such great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny and beautiful! You're awesome Conni Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the first one is my favorite too

    <3Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kendra, I was thinking the 70's fro...Its a fetish that I have denied myself far too long, time to indulge...I'm no Micheal with the lenz, but im sure I could pull something off that would satisfy the theater of my mind... Maybe a spread of you and CJ together would suffice quite nice

    ReplyDelete