Monday, May 16, 2011

SA (Spanking Anonymous)

About 6 days ago I decided mh1 was getting too big for spankings (don't get confused though, I am not opposed to punching once she is a teen). She is getting ready to start kindergarten and she really is old enough to see logic and consequences. Anywho, stopping spanking cold turkey is tough. I need a support group. Have y'all ever heard her smart mouth? Anyway, I was working my 12 steps really well and everything was going spank free, when I almost had a relapse. It all went down in the car. The girl yelled at me (because I would not let her roll her window down), "I AM NOT YOUR FRIEND!" I only did what any mature mother would do in that situation...laughed. Well, that really got her going. She started screaming as loud as she could. I began laughing even harder because it was either that, or lose my ever loving mind. Just as I was thinking, "I really am done with spanking her" mh2 says from the backseat in a voice that I can only describe as "peer pressure", "Mommy, you need to pull over and whoop her butt."

I think I need a sponsor.

5 comments:

  1. If you had a TV show I am pretty sure I would watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't be your sponser, but I need to join your program!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way...I finally figured out how to post comments on here. I didn't realize I was so "slow"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not too sure about you blog-writing-girl. If I knew where you lived, I might contact CPS to inform on you. Don't you realize spanking damages a childs self-esteem? Look at all those kids that throw tantrums in malls and restaurants. I am sure their parents spank them, that is why they act the way they do. Laughing at your child? What kind of evil parent are you? Where did you learn this crazy parenting behavior? Kids need to find their way through life. They will learn what is improper behavior on their own. They don't need you to spank them to find out they are doing wrong. They will figure it out on their own. Children need for their parents to be their buddies, have fun with them. That other child that encouraged you to beat your child needs some deep counseling to overcome the trauma you have evidently inflicted on these children. Ever heard of Stockholm Syndrome? The more I think about this the angrier I get. Child beater. I may have to delete myself as a reader of yours blog-writing-girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rick, I was laughed at pretty much my entire life. I think it has deeply affected my self image. So, really it's my Dad's fault that I beat my kids. It's cyclical...I was laughed at, I feel bad for myself, I beat the kids. Simple developmental psychology.

    ReplyDelete