Thursday, March 10, 2011

Preface

I love that word. Anywho, let me tell you that if you preface a comment with, "I hope this doesn't offend you..." it probably will, unless you are talking to me. I don't really take offense to much of anything but today a colleague of mine said, "I hope you don't take offense to this but I think anyone that believes in God is unintelligent." Wow. How do I even respond to that? I like this person a lot, and it made me feel sad for them. These are the kind of people that I try to prepare myself for. These so called "intellectuals" that have been hurt at some point in their life, or made bad choices and feel alone. But, I found myself unprepared. I don't want to scare this person off, but at the same time, I wonder, "Would you say something like this if I was Muslim or Jewish?" Hecky no they wouldn't because it is far more socially acceptable to make fun of Christians. It's really sad, and I wish it didn't catch me so off guard.

Random thoughts:
-My sister is probably going to upper cut me to the chin because I forgot I had a meeting tonight and couldn't make it to kickboxing. If you are reading this, Sis, sorry!
-Teachers get paid plenty of money for what they do, but we do have a system that is not holding parents accountable for raising their children. I do not get paid enough to be a teacher AND raise your child.
-My friend just got her Yellow Fever vaccine for her trip to Africa to pick up her children...afterward she got Yellow Fever (from the vaccine), yikes! Hope you are feeling better, Laura!
-NateandRach.com is giving away a free book, check it.
-TLB is da bomb.com
-I have a volcano on my face and TLB asked me today who my friend was...He's very sensitive.
-mh3 has discovered climbing the stairs and she thinks it's really funny when I use a deep voice and say, "NO!" and carry her away. She goes right back. Dear God, please don't let this child be more crazy than mh2.
-TLB's grandparents have been married for 60 years today. That is so awesome. I look forward to the next 60 years with TLB.
-I will be making cupcakes for mh1's 5th birthday this weekend. No, they will not be decorated beautifully...I wish I had such talent, but they will have sprinkles.

Holler ballers

No comments:

Post a Comment