Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

For:
-my fireman husband ...though I wish he would grow out his mustache like this:
-my daughters even when they cry, break my belongings, punch each other, drip snot, use up my money, and create dirty laundry
-my dad 
-my sister & my nieces
-my mom
-the rest of my family including my grandparents and in-laws
-my best friends 
-my job and all of my awesome colleagues
-The Ex's job and how happy it makes him
-Homeland
-health and fitness blogs
-coffee
-good sports bras
-my dog
-New Girl and The Mindy Project
-UK basketball
-food (I like it all)
-Rihanna's new CD
-Jesus and the sacrifice he made for me

There is so much other stuff that I am thankful for, truly, it would be easier to list the things that I wish I didn't have to deal with because the list is so short.

Tomorrow I am having my dysfunctional family over for Thanksgiving.  I am only making chicken and dumplings, pretzel salad, cranberries, and sweet potatoes (I am going to make traditional canned and fresh ones for my Dad).  (Don't worry, that's not all we're having, each guest is bringing a part of the dinner).  We used to have a much better arrangement for Thanksgiving, but things have sadly changed, so now it is going to be at my house.  I must be honest when I say I am not looking forward to the headache of having everyone over and because it is so much different than what we did in previous years, but it should still be a good time.  The bonus is, I don't have to leave my house.

I won't let them touch my tree The girls and I will start putting up our Christmas decorations tomorrow.  I can't believe Christmas is a month away.  This year has gone by faster than any other year in my life.  The older I get the faster it seems to go.  

At this time, I am off to the Y to get a head start on all of the calories I will be eating and drinking in the next 48-72 hours.  30 minutes of cardio and light strength training will balance all that out, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment