Friday, November 2, 2012

Pep talk


I considered joining Facebook again but then I realized the only reason I wanted to get back on there was so that I could argue with people about the election.  

Mh1 and mh2 had elections at their school today.  One of them voted for Romney and one of them voted for Obama.  Where did I go wrong?  I am having a parent/teacher conference with mh1's teacher on Monday.  I know that I am crazy because I am going to ask her exactly how she presented the candidates so that her little students could make a decision.  I am not worried about discussing reading or math, just about how she goes about indoctrinating my daughter.

I know that I am getting old because all I listen to is talk radio and I know more about the candidates running for President during this election than I ever had.  In 2008 I wanted to argue with anyone that disagreed with me, this time I don't feel like it.  I don't want to argue because I feel like I know more than the average voter and it's a waste both of our time.  This means that I am posing as an intellectual elitist.  I'm good with that.

Something you might not know about me...random songs pop into my head at totally unrelated inappropriate times.  For instance, after I finished the sentence, "I'm good with that."  The following song began in my head, "Butterflies in the sky, I can go twice as high".  These instances make me feel like a crazy person.  Why does talking about the election make my brain connect to the theme song for Reading Rainbow.  When is the last time I even heard that song?  Seriously, it has to be like 20 years.

On Sunday The Ex and I will be going with a group of his firefighter friends to see the Broncos play the Bengals.  I can't wait!  I just hope I don't get too cold.  The Ex ordered jerseys from a sweat shop in China or Vietnam or someplace.  I was hoping to get my #87 jersey in time so I could wear it to the game, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.  You ask if it makes me feel guilty knowing who sewed those jersey's, and no it doesn't.  It makes the jerseys seem more special that the hands of an 8-year-old did the work.  I kid (well I kinda kid- they really are coming from China and it probably is some kid putting my stuff together but dang they are authentic (looking)  jerseys for like 1/5 of the price you can get them made here by an adult with a decent hourly wage and insurance).

Itsalmostnaptime.com  is one of my favorite blogs and I loved this post tonight.  I am not the best mother you have ever met.  I am just barely mediocre.  But, I do try (most of the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment