Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Have you ever known me to be politically correct?

This is how my day has gone so far:
1:00am:  mh2 wakes up with an ear ache
2:00am:  mh2 wakes up again, I give her some ear drops and motrin because I know if she gets up twice she genuinely feels bad...I watch the news for about an hour and fall back to sleep
3:00am:  The Ex goes and gets in bed with mh2
5:00am:  The Ex's alarm goes off and I don't go and wake him up because I am too tired and lazy
sometime later in the morning:  The Ex kisses me bye
7:30am:  mh1 wakes me up telling me mh3 needs her butt wiped
8:30am: I make grits and eggs while drinking my coffee and wait for the Dr.'s office to open with anxious anxiety about the election
9:00am:  call Dr.'s office, they can see us in 40 minutes
9:00-9:30: run around like a crazy person getting everyone ready to go to the Dr.  This includes not giving anyone a shower but changing clothes, brushing teeth, brushing hair and jetting!
9:40-11:00:  Sit in Dr.'s office.  Get prescription for ear infection.  Hold down all 3 children so they can get flu shots
11:00-11:30:  Go to Meijer's, drop of prescription, run around and pick up basic groceries like eggs and toilet paper, get my own Flu shot so that the kids can see how a real woman takes a shot
11:30:  Go through self checkout line (because all other lines were too long).  I hate the self checkout, plus a midget walked right by us.  Have you been out in public with three kids under the age of 7?  Well let me tell you, they aren't that sensitive to midgets.  It goes a little like this:
1.  baby points to midget
2.  big sister says, "SJ quit pointing to that little man".
3.  I ignore all interaction hoping that it will just go away
4.  big sister continues to bring up the "little man" saying things like, "he was short like a kid but his face with like a grown up."  Bless her little curious heart.
5.  I explain in the car that some people are just shorter than others, but she was right not to point at him because it could have hurt his feelings.
Really what I wanted to do was say, "Excuse me sir, could you please stop and explain to my daughters why you look different to them?" That would not have gone over well, but why shouldn't it.  We should all be a little less sensitive and more willing to share our differences for the sake of the little kids.  Trick love the kids.  (If you have any idea where that comes from, you are as hood as me).





No comments:

Post a Comment