Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Things that I didn't know I was signing up for...

I have always known that I wanted to have babies. I don't remember ever dreaming about my career or wedding, but I remember always dreaming about all the little boys I would have. HA! God sure is funny.
Though I dreamt of children my whole life, I didn't not know I was signing up for the following:
1. Being woken up in the middle of the night by coughing. Why can't a mother sleep through a child's cough (from across the house- and I am talking about meaningless coughs not sick cough which really get me going)? Why can't I just sleep through it instead of my brain activating some Go-go-gadget hearing? Why does TLB sleep soundly through the coughs?
2. Having to say things like, "Who pooped in the bathtub?" and more recently, "Do not put lotion in your vagina" (for privacy's sake I will spare you the details of that conversation).
3. Going into restaurant bathrooms and holding small people over toilets so they can poop in them without touching anything in the bathroom. This is uncomfortable for all involved and it stinks.
4. How stressful it is to hear your baby cry (even if you know there is no reason). TLB still doesn't understand why I get all irritable when mh3 wonders around crying (her way of complaining) instead of ignoring her.
5. The constant worry.
6. I have always known that I am competitive but I did not know that it was to the point that on the outside I would congratulate my daughter for getting the second fastest run time in P.E. but on the inside I am planning her training schedule so that she can have THE fastest time next time. ***Disclaimer: she did have an ear infection when she came in 2nd place.
7. 6 is all I got right now
I have yet to start writing my philosophy of education as I discussed in my last post. Read Rick Monday's comments, he is a funny dude.
If you didn't already know it, Ann Coulter is my hero. Look her up.
TLB was passed over for FireFighter again. He'll get it next time. I'm still proud of him. You know how they are doing that whole "Occupy WallStreet" thingy (which makes no sense to me), I think I am going to get a petition together for TLB. It will go something like this....If you think that TLB would make an excellent Firefighter and you would feel safe knowing he was there to get you out of a burning building or perform lifesaving CPR on you, please sign this form. When I get around 300 signatures, I am going to take it to the Chief and make him realize that TLB is what the community wants! Too bad we can't vote him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment