Saturday, December 31, 2022

A Letter to the Year 2022


 Dear 2022,

While you have been one of the most difficult years in my life, you have also been one of the most beautiful. You have given me understanding of what I need in order to be fulfilled.  You have reaffirmed what I knew about the people in my life that love me no matter my faults while revealing those that I was surprised to find could so easily walk away from me.

You have given me extra weight (in mind and body) but I consider it a gift.  It can be compared to the weight that a bear gains before going into hibernation.  This weight in mind and body will sustain me as I overcome the enemy of shame, guilt, failure and dissapointment in order to accept the grace and mercy that only God can provide.  My most proud moments spent this year was when I was able to choose to take the high road in spite of the few petty transgressions made against me.

I give thanks to 2022 for the self actualization that I have achieved in realizing that I am capable of what I am becoming.  I want to contine working on becoming a better mother, daughter, sister, friend and leader.

 I am thankful for the people that I have leaned on this year.  Specifically, Amber (Keith), Kelly (Mike), my sister, my girls, my Dad, Kaylin, Gail, Becky, Crystal, Lisa, Pam, Julie, Pam, Nicole, Casaundra, Marcella, Nikki, Dawn, my Aunt, my mom, all of the people that I work with, Tracy and many others.  There were days that an encouraging word from one of you (like Rachel) was what I needed to just get through a single moment....You probably don't even realize it.

I won't make a profound resolution for 2023 but I will write down what I am manifesting for myself in 2023:

  •  Reprioritizing my health by getting back to working out and drinking more water....I make no promise about limiting food or alcohol 😏 
  • Moving into my new home (wherever that may be) by Christmas
  • And I'm not going to fake the front.....I also want long hair again
2022, I ask that you speak with 2023 about taking care of the people I mentioned above as they begin this new year.  I pray for that the year brings them much joy and health.

I wrote this "letter" written to 2022 but as I continue I realize it is actually a prayer of thanks to God. So, let me wrap this up by also praying for wisdom, strength, endurance and integrity as I walk into 2023.  You never promised any one of us happiness but I know that you have plans for me and that joy comes in the morning.

Much love,
Conni Jo

***If you decided to read this boring post, you'll be interested to know this is the first post I've written in 5 years!  Maybe I'll be inspired to write something else soon.

22 comments:

  1. Adore you from afar. You’re one of the women I know I most admire. Keep pushing I love seeing you be a badasss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You got this Ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I miss reading these from you. You should do it more often. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make my heart smile with admiration, pride and all that other mushy stuff. We come from a line of badass women so you go badass and you do you (above all else be happy) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may have had a few bumps but you always have been and always will be one hell of a women!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading your post! Thank you for sharing as it helps us all reflect on our year too. Much love and keep moving forward, this year can be your best yet! Wish you all the best! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep your head up! You can do anything you choose to. Let your hair grow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I support you and all your decisions. You have been a wonderful friend. I pray everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ain’t neva gon be shit 😚 I love you sm ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Conni, you are an inspiration! So glad our paths crossed and I look forward to seeing you emerge from this cocoon as a beautiful, strong, determined πŸ¦‹:) ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. πŸ’«♥️πŸ’«

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2023 will be the year of success, happiness and great adventures for you and your beautiful little humans ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this and am inspired by it as well!!πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2023 is a new year for us with new beginnings. Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year's Connie! You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Powerful!! You are an amazing person and I am grateful to call you my friend! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love this along with every other blog you’ve written! You are definitely one of the most strongest, smartest and encouraging human beings I’ve ever met. I’m blessed to know you. Thanks for sharing friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Let’s go Connie jo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good to see your thoughts, haven't seen you for some time, love always , praying for you to succeed in your life with God in your heart! Will always 😘 ve you and want the best for you and yours , let us know how you are doing sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The last comment was from Marq and Gail!

    ReplyDelete