Thursday, January 2, 2014

Escape Night

This post started off with random thoughts and then I came up with a new term....


  • Song that's in my head right now:


  • But I'm listening to Lorde on my iTunes right now.  FYI...all the songs on her album sound the same but I still like it.  Tennis Court is my favorite.
  • I just watched Wish You Were Here on Netflix.  It's good, check it.
  • I usually read everyday but I haven't read in the last few days.  It's because I am reading Wicked and I can't get into it.  I need something else to read.  Right now I have Fracture (thanks to Crystal!) and Havisham (the prelude to one of my very favorite books Great Expectations) waiting to be read.
  • The end of my Christmas break is coming near.  I am going to be so tired when I go back to work because I like to stay up until after midnight and not get up until 10.  Today, I didn't take a shower or put on a bra.    It seems like the only time I put on makeup or get "dressed" is when I go to work.  I should always work because if I didn't I would end up looking like a homeless crackhead all of the time.  Plus, my poor husband only gets to see me out of sweat pants and with a bra on when I am going to my job-e-job.
  • You know what I hate???  I hate when married people talk about going on dates.  You's a lie.  Y'all ain't dating!  You're going out to eat food without a bunch of kids bothering you.  Dates are for single people.  The Ex and I are going out to eat and to a movie tomorrow night.  We aren't dating-   we are ESCAPING!!!  Let me explain...we get in the car with the 3 mini humans, we drive to my Dad's...we slow down long enough that they can jump out without getting injured.  We drive away fast enough that he can't change his mind...we have ESCAPED!  So, from now on it's called Escape Night.  Anyway, tomorrow night we have Escape night. We're going to sushi and a movie.  I'll put on a bra and deodorant.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I'm stealing that phrase, although I don't know when our next "escape"'night is....what movie? Today I had the Fantasy Roll at Caviar Japanese restaurant on Muhammad Ali. It was so good! Have fun escaping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I'm stealing that phrase, although I don't know when our next "escape"'night is....what movie? Today I had the Fantasy Roll at Caviar Japanese restaurant on Muhammad Ali. It was so good! Have fun escaping!!

    ReplyDelete